I'm currently recruiting for a Finance Manager- Accounting and Control to join a Energy business in London.
The role of the Finance Manager will be to manage a small team designing, developing, implementing and operating processes to control, coordinate and produce all financial reporting for the subsidiary entities. This includes all regular and ad hoc management reporting, external financial reporting and IFRS compliant statutory financial statements for the subsidiary entities.
Main Responsibilities for the Finance Manager-
- Responsible for maintaining and controlling the general ledger of the subsidiary entities
- Complete month end, quarterly and annual accounting processes and reporting for the subsidiaries including:
- Posting entity specific journal entries
- Reviewing data posted by external systems and other departments for reasonableness and identifying possible errors
- Reconciling and scrutinising intercompany balances for accuracy
- Preparation of Budget, MTP and reforecasts including detailed reporting and analysis
- Statutory financial reporting (IFRS) for the subsidiary entities including preparation of full statements and notes and coordinating the provision of information required
- Management of the statutory audits, including co-ordination with external auditors (both in the UK and abroad), provision of data, ensuring completion and agreement of accounting papers and other relevant documentation, and responding to questions on the financial statements
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the subsidiary entities with the ability to answer any questions raised internally or externally (auditors,) regarding the entities
- Liaise with joint venture partners for their information as well as producing and distributing quarterly management reports
- Manage and review the work undertaken and produced by the Financial Accountant
- Assist in other periodic and ad hoc Finance projects.(e.g. implementation of new accounting standards)
They are looking for someone who is ACA qualified with several years post qualified experience who comes from a technical reporting background, ideally in Financial services, who can start within a month for a 16 month maternity contract.