Goodman Masson are delighted to be supporting a leading crisis response Charity with their search for an International Finance Officer. Working within the UK and internationally, they aim to help those in the most vulnerable of situations and are the first to respond when crisis strikes having been a lifeline for people in Crisis for over 150 years.
In this role you will be supporting the Programme Accountant in a interim position for 6 months, which is most likely to be extended past this.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Being the finance contact for supported teams through the internal planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes for the respective Global Teams
- Reviewing and processing grant agreements, grant transfers and international invoice payments for the region and respective Global Teams, challenging where necessary, and ensuring funds are sent within appropriate time frames for the region
- Being accountable for elements of the month-end and year-end accounting processes as agreed with the International Finance Manager
- Taking responsibility for some of the International Directorate balance sheet reconciliations as agreed with the Finance Manager
- Other daily tasks include invoicing, month-end accounting and reporting processes, balance sheet reconciliations, monthly journals, and accruals, producing and reviewing in-year financial performance and monthly management accounting and year-end accounting processes.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a Part-qualified CCAB qualified accountant
- Have strong analytical and reporting skills
- Be experienced in bookkeeping or working in an accounting function
- Have some exposure to management accounts
- Have experience in carrying our balance sheet reconciliations and experience of preparing financial reports
- Have experience working within the not-for-profit sector
This role offers working from home and office based working.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.