Goodman Masson are excited to be partnered with a top housing association on their search for a Financial Accountant!
Who would you be working for?
The client, founded in the 1980’s, aims to provide great services to both their residents and customers. They manage over 50,000 homes and continue to offer a wide range of services investing in communities, to allow people and their neighbourhoods be the best they can be.
What is the role?
With an annual revenue of over £400m, the client is now looking for a Financial Accountant to join their growing team.
- Maintaining the General Ledger and accuracy of the trial balances
- Preparation of group consolidations, and reviewing postings for coding accuracy for reporting purposes
- Supporting in the preparation of VAT returns
- To provide assistance with the production of year-end statutory accounts
- To identify and implement improvements to the year-end financial close process
- Liaising with key stakeholders for fixed assets to assist in preparation of annual budget
This role is offering a salary of circa £60,000 per annum, with two days per week in their office in Basingstoke.
What do you need to succeed?
- A full accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) or qualified by experience
- Strong technical and practical knowledge of the principles of financial accounting and financial statements, e.g. FRS102 with strong reporting and accounting experience
- Good understanding of relevant legislation and accounting principles for Housing Associations, e.g. SORP
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.