About the role:
An established charity are currently looking for a Financial Accountant to join their Finance function. This role involves producing the statutory accounts and ensuring robust financial controls.
The organisation are offering up to £50k + great benefits and this hybrid role involves 2 days in the Central London office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with implementation, enforcement, and monitoring of internal control procedures
- Monitoring and forecasting cash flow and maintaining appropriate treasury management procedures and controls including appropriate banking mandates
- Preparing VAT returns and oversight of tax compliance within the organisation
- Supporting with the delivery of the annual report and accounts and preparation of the statutory accounts
- Supporting and mentoring junior team members
The successful candidate:
- Fully qualified accountant or finalist level (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Solid, proven experience in:
- Financial accounting in a complex environment
- Year-end, statutory accounts, and audit processes
- Supporting junior team members
- Understanding of SORP, charity accounting, and VAT
- Charity sector experience is desirable
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills, able to manage a demanding work load in a complex environment
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.