An SME property developer is looking to recruit an ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified candidate to join its finance function.
You will provide a comprehensive, organised, efficient and high standard of property accounting including service charge accounting, financial reporting, and statutory returns; ensuring all are produced in an accurate and timely manner.
Main duties include:
- Complete month end for properties and developments in the portfolio, working with the operations teams to accurately complete account for all costs and income. Maintain a monthly checklist of tasks.
- Ensure all transactional bookkeeping is reviewed and checked for accuracy
- AR/AP are reviewed prior to month-end and fully explained.
- Prepare statutory returns
- Preparation of quarterly service charge accounts and re-budgeting as required
- Ensure that the service charge accounts, recoverable and non-recoverable, are fully reconciled and explained.
- Report quarterly on historical cash usage
- Preparation of compliance reporting to banks
- Review the preparation of the information for year end statutory financial reporting including disclosures for 25+ group entities.
- Prepare the consolidations for both group and statutory reporting
- Refining processes and controls to ensure the address any financial concerns, are best in class, and ensures the business remains fully compliant
- Being a key finance point to review financial and technical accounting issues.
- Liaising with external accountants and advisors to prepare year end statutory accounts and tax returns for the group
- Ensuring company records and registers are maintained and up to date
- Liaising with tax advisors on tax planning for the group
- Assist with technical training and development of members of the team, as and when required.
- Performance of other ad hoc work as appropriate
You will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified either looking for your first move from practice on in a similar financial accountant role. Any property experience would be desirable. This a a good chance to grow to be the no.2 to the CFO.