Goodman Masson are looking for an immediately available Financial Accountant to join a well known Leisure company based in London.
- Process, obtain approval for and set up payment for purchase invoices, including matching invoices to purchase orders, liaising with the relevant budget holders within the business, and ensuring costs are coded correctly.
- Prompt response to supplier queries, including supplier statement reconciliations to ensure the appropriate corrective action where applicable.
- Cash posting and bank reconciliation
- Raising sales invoices and debtor management
- Support month end management accounts process and summary P&L/Balance Sheet/Cash Flow preparation in conjunction with Head of Finance
- Preparation of VAT returns and other tax compliance forms
- Support audit process and audit file preparation: ensure records and invoices are maintained, archived and organised
Process improvement and administration:
- Contribute to continuous improvement of procedures to improve efficiency of the function and the department through the development of relationships with other team members/ departments, and adapt to necessary changes in procedures as the business grows.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Point of contract for any procurement/expense system related issues
- Other related duties as required by the business objectives and general administrative duties
Why you fit:
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics is advantageous
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and accounting payable/receivable management
- An ability to gather, analyse and present financial information in a user-friendly manner
- Strong customer service and organisational skills