Purpose of the role:
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a popular retail business as a Financial Accountant on a 9-month Fixed Term Contract.
- Manage a direct report
- Take responsibility of VAT, Fixed Assets and Capital Expenditure amongst others
- Budget and month end review, contribute to year-end process, and overseas branch accounts
- Perform detailed credit card analysis and the monthly accrual
- Business partnering with cost centres
- Year-end process - responsible for managing and overseeing interim and year-end audit and liaising with external auditors
- Statutory accounting - work closely with Financial Accounting Manager and Financial Controller
- Build relationship with auditors and tax advisers
- Supervision of cash and banking activities
- Ad hoc projects
Other duties include:
- Process improvements
- Ad hoc support on project work (Cash & Banking and Technical areas)
The ideal candidate will be ACA or ACCA qualified and will have experience in CAP and VAT reporting, with strong Excel skills.