Due to continual team growth, a 6 months interim opportunity has arisen for an experienced Financial Accountant to join a London based University. The successful candidate will be a qualified (ACA/ACCA/ CIMA) Accountant with previous Education experience and a willingness to join a fast-paced environment.
Duties will include:
- Lead on the delivery of a set of annual financial statements for the University, to be approved by manager
- Preparation and review of the University's tax calculation and liaisons with relevant external tax advisors
- Preparation of external returns and query response as required for OfS, HESA, UK government, HMRC, etc
- Monthly review and approval of journals (including accruals for including fixed assets, depreciation, research, etc), preparation of balance sheet and cash flow statements for month-end accounts and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the University's long-term resource planning, including the preparation of financial analysis to assist in the evaluation of strategic planning options
- Review UK VAT returns prior to agreeing with external VAT advisors
The client needs someone in post ASAP so candidates are encouraged to apply if they have a short notice period or are immediately available. The role will pay up to £300 a day dependant on experience.