About the role:
An established children’s charity are currently looking for a Financial Accountant to join their Finance function. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the accurate recording of all income and expenditure of the charity and its associated companies, collating and presenting budgets/forecasts, monitoring consolidated income and expenditure against budget/forecast, and preparing statutory annual accounts.
The organisation are offering up to £50k and great benefits, and this hybrid role involves 2-3 days in the City of London officer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Finance Manager to ensure implementation, enforcement, and monitoring of internal control procedures
- Monitoring and forecasting cash flow and maintaining appropriate treasury management procedures and controls including appropriate banking mandates
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and oversight of tax compliance within the organisation
- Evaluating, developing, and embedding financial processes and procedures and ensuring these are fully documented
- Supporting with the delivery of the annual report and accounts and preparation of the statutory accounts, ensuring the requirements of the external auditors are met
- Contributing to decision making and line management, offering support, guidance and mentoring to junior team members as appropriate
The successful candidate:
- Fully qualified accountant or finalist level (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent)
- At least three years of proven experience in:
- Financial accounting in a complex environment
- Year-end, statutory accounts, and audit processes
- Supporting junior team members
- Understanding of SORP, charity accounting, and VAT
- Charity sector experience
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills, able to manage a demanding work load in a complex environment
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.