Goodman Masson are currently recruiting for a leading Fintech firm based in Kings Cross for a Financial Accountant. This role is ideal for a part qualified/finalist ACCA/CIMA studier and a strong academic background is essential.
- Significant responsibility in the month end close process for the regulated entities
- Accounting of the income statement and balance sheet, ensuring high degree of control and integrity around postings.
- Bank, intercompany and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Analysis of the trial balance and ledger accounts, including variance and trend analysis and commentaries.
- Key liaison with external auditors for annual/interim audits and preparation of statutory financial statements under IFRS and US GAAP.
- Responsible for maintaining the architecture and reporting from the SAP ledger, Purchase Order system, related databases and banking platforms
- Preparation and communication of monthly MI required for prime brokers.
- Accounting and reconciliation of VAT liability.
- Taking ownership of the purchase order / expense management system.
- Help resolving accounts payable queries (as required).
- Management fee calculations and intercompany re-charges.
- Detailed cost analysis and reporting, with a focus on execution and clearing, technology and infrastructure, professional fees, T&E and office spend.
- Identify and execute automation into current processes and reporting, leading to more emphasis on reviewing and analysis rather than detailed manual processing.
- Strong A levels, A/B grades
- Part qualified / finalist for accounting qualifications (ACCA, CIMA)
- Excellent IFRS working knowledge and accounting best practice
- Financial Services experience in proprietary trading firms and brokers preferable.
- Experience with multi-currency ledger preferable.
- Standard MS Office package and accounting software
- Advanced Excel skills and database query skills e.g. SQL
- Regulatory experience essential
Please click apply if you match the required skillset!