This is a new vacancy which offers an exciting opportunity to work within the finance team of a fast-paced multinational listed mining company. Primarily reporting to the Group Financial Reporting Accountant.
Financial Accounting and Reporting:
* Ownership and preparation of monthly management accounts in strict accordance with Group policies and deadlines.
* Analysis and monitoring of financial performance to budget and forecasts.
* Processing and checking of invoices and expenses.
* Preparing payment request forms, organising payments and managing suppliers and accounts payable.
* Dealing with supplier queries and reconciliation of supplier statements.
* Reconciliation of bank accounts.
* Preparation and submission of VAT reconciliations and returns.
* Preparation and processing of intercompany reconciliations and recharges.
* Ownership of balance sheet accounts, ensuring processes within organisation to avoid risk and produce sound financial information.
* Liaising with the auditors during the audit and supplying required information.
* Assistance with technical accounting including share options (IFRS2), share buy-backs and investment valuations.
* Preparation of ad-hoc reports and analysis, as required.
* Preparation of weekly cash reports and cash forecasts.
* Ad hoc duties and projects.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
* Part-qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA etc.), ideally working towards full qualification.
* Solid finance/accounts experience (mining industry experience or similar is preferred).
* Good knowledge of accounting software (ideally Navision) and MS Office with advanced Excel skills. Experience of MS SharePoint would also be beneficial.
* Tax experience, particularly in UK corporation tax, personal tax or VAT would be advantageous.
In addition to a competitive salary there is an excellent benefits package which includes study support. This is based in Oxford Circus.