▪ The Financial Accountant reports directly to the Group Financial Controller.
▪ Primary focus is to safeguard the integrity of the financial ledgers of the firm, ensuring accuracy of financial transactions in accordance with IFRS, US GAAP and internal policy.
▪ Based in London, Kings Cross.
Responsibilities for the accounting and financial control for the firm's regulated entities, based in the UK, US and EU. This will include:
▪ Significant responsibility in the month end close process for the regulated entities
▪ Accounting of the income statement and balance sheet, ensuring high degree of control and integrity around postings.
▪ Bank, intercompany and other balance sheet reconciliations.
▪ Analysis of the trial balance and ledger accounts, including variance and trend analysis and commentaries.
▪ Key liaison with external auditors for annual/interim audits and preparation of statutory financial statements under IFRS and US GAAP.
▪ Responsible for maintaining the architecture and reporting from the SAP ledger, Purchase Order system, related databases and banking platforms
▪ Preparation and communication of monthly MI required for prime brokers.
▪ Accounting and reconciliation of VAT liability.
▪ Taking ownership of the purchase order / expense management system.
▪ Help resolving accounts payable queries (as required).
▪ Management fee calculations and intercompany re-charges.
▪ Detailed cost analysis and reporting, with a focus on execution and clearing, technology and infrastructure, professional fees, T&E and office spend.
▪ Identify and execute automation into current processes and reporting, leading to more emphasis on reviewing and analysis rather than detailed manual processing.
▪ Strong Communication and organisation skills.
▪ Pro-active and able to prioritise to deadlines.
▪ Flexible, to pre-empt and manage multiple and changing priorities.
▪ Can work independently and as a team player.
▪ Works efficiently in a pressurised environment.
▪ Calm, diplomatic and professional at all times.
▪ Willing to take responsibility.
▪ Provide cross coverage of teams workload.
▪ Confidently interfaces with key stakeholders both internal and external.
▪ Keen attention to detail and control focus.
▪ Excellent IFRS working knowledge and accounting best practice
▪ Financial Services experience in proprietary trading firms and brokers preferable.
▪ Experience with multi-currency ledger preferable.
▪ Standard MS Office package and accounting software
▪ Advanced Excel skills and database query skills e.g. SQL
▪ Strong A levels, A/B grades
▪ Part qualified / finalist for accounting qualifications (ACCA, CIMA)