Goodman Masson are currently recruiting for a large construction organsiation for a Financial Accountant. This role is looking for a part qualified accountant with a mimimum of 2 years stable experience in a similar position.
Financial Accounting and Reporting:
* Ownership and preparation of monthly statutory accounts in strict accordance with Group policies and deadlines.
* Processing and checking of invoices and expenses.
* Preparing payment request forms, organising payments and managing suppliers and accounts payable.
* Dealing with supplier queries and reconciliation of supplier statements.
* Reconciliation of bank accounts.
* Preparation and submission of VAT reconciliations and returns.
* Preparation and processing of intercompany reconciliations and recharges.
* Ownership of balance sheet accounts, ensuring processes within organisation to avoid risk and produce sound financial information.
* Liaising with the auditors during the audit and supplying required information.
* Preparation of ad-hoc reports and analysis, as required.
* Preparation of weekly cash reports and cash forecasts.
* Ad hoc duties and projects.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
* Part-qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA etc.), ideally working towards full qualification.
* Solid finance/accounts experience (construction industry experience or similar is preferred).
* Good knowledge of accounting software
* Tax experience, particularly in UK corporation tax, personal tax or VAT would be advantageous as well as UK GAAP