This is a new vacancy which offers an exciting opportunity to work within the finance team of a fast-paced multinational listed mining company. They are a market leader and their product goes into high end retail so they are unique.
Primarily reporting to the Group Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be able demonstrate a high level of accuracy with the ability to prioritise a broad range of responsibilities covering financial accounting, reporting, tax and investor relations.
In return, the role will offer significant opportunities to build on and develop existing experience within a challenging but rewarding environment providing the ideal next step in the career journey for a dynamic financial professional.
The role responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Group Finance Manager on Group financial reporting.
- Assisting with the preparation of the monthly Group consolidation and monthly financial report for presentation to the CFO.
- Assisting with the preparation of the Group's Annual Report & Accounts and Interim Reports.
- Providing assistance with technical accounting matters across the Group, including the Preparation of Board papers to support our positions.
- Working with the Group Tax Manager and Group Financial Controller on key tax and structuring transactions.
- Preparation of weekly cash reporting and cash balances for distribution to the Board.Assisting the Group Treasurer with treasury matters including bank account maintenance and mandates etc.
- Collation of share register information for bi-annual investor reporting.
- Maintaining and updating content on the investor website.
- Responding to investor queries.
- Assisting the Company Secretary department in a wide variety of tasks.
- Preparation and review of complex structure diagrams in MS Visio.
- Ownership and preparation of monthly management accounts in strict accordance policies and deadlines for a number of corporate entities.
- Analysis and monitoring of financial performance to budget and forecasts.
- Ownership of balance sheet accounts, ensuring processes within organisation to avoid risk and produce sound financial information.
- Liaising with the auditors during the audit and supplying required information.
- Assistance with technical accounting including share options (IFRS2), share buy-backs and investment valuations.
- Preparation of ad-hoc reports and analysis, as required.
- Preparation of weekly cash reports and cash forecasts.
- Head of Department cost analysis and optimisation
- Ad hoc duties and projects.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Newly qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA etc.)
- Big Six experience of listed international businesses.
- Good knowledge of accounting software (ideally Navision) and MS Office with advanced Excel skills. Experience of MS SharePoint, Power BI/Power Pivot would also be beneficial.
- Tax experience, particularly in UK corporation tax, personal tax or VAT would be advantageous.
Salary and Benefits:
- Up to £55,000 base salary
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance for self and family
- Income Protection
- Contributory Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus