- Prepare annual and half yearly group financial statements (with Financial Controller's close supervision and support) accurately and to a tight deadline.
- Liaise with external auditors during year-end and half-year reporting
- Produce statutory accounts and reports for two subsidiaries
- Assist with the preparation of other parts of the annual report
- Review statutory accounts for one of the subsidiaries
- Review transactions booked and posted to the accounting system for accuracy and appropriateness
- Run foreign exchange revaluations
- Prepare/review and post accruals, prepayments, bank reconciliations and journals including share-based payments, capitalisations, decommissioning etc.
- Review month end balances for accuracy and prepare month end accounting adjustments where necessary.
- Prepare month end accounting timetable and monitor adherence to it
- Prepare month end accounting journals to ensure accurate information is reported in the accounting system (IDEAS)
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and income statement accounts analysis.
- Review and submit monthly payroll
- Reconcile monthly figures for production and sales
- Prepare/review monthly balance sheet reconciliations for accruals, prepayments, bank accounts, including share-based payments, capitalisations and decommissioning provisions. Investigate and resolve reconciling differences
- Prepare various tax returns on a quarterly/annual basis including VAT returns, P11D's etc
- Liaise with tax advisers on the UK tax return for the UK company
- Calculate quarterly UK corporate and deferred tax and manage any payments of tax instalments to HMRC
Accounts Payable Management
- Manage the accounts payable function in London with one direct report (Accounts Assistant)
- Prepare cash deposits across three banks and ensure sufficient free cash balance is maintained for payments
- Calculate of periodic transfer pricing rates for intercompany recharges and time writing
- Degree and Accountancy qualification essential (fully qualified).
- Good understanding of an audit process and annual audit cycle is essential.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to build relationships across the business.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Energetic team player, comfortable working in a fast paced and multi-cultural environment.
- Good understanding of business processes and how to improve them
- Accurate, with good attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Ideally with previous experience in IDEAS or Sun accounting software and a business warehouse software.