I am working with a large Asset Manager based in Central London who are looking to recruit a Financial Analyst into their Finance team. The role is predominantly focused on delivering management information and supporting the business planning and forecasting process to drive profitable growth.
You must be a qualified accountant ideally with experience in Financial Services. The ideal candidate can either have trained within Practice or in Industry, the most important thing they are looking for is somebody who is switched on with an analytical mindset.
Main Purpose of the role
The role has responsibility to provide support to the businesses commercial activities and management decisions. The Analyst will support the provision of business insight, produce sales and analysis reports and utilise externally produced data, overlaying it with input from the finance and commercial teams to provide in depth management information on business and sales performance and product development.
The role will be focused on delivering management information, supporting the business planning and forecasting processes including projects and ad hoc requests from the management team to support business development activities in order to profitably grow assets.
The role involves close contact with the wider commercial and marketing teams and other Group functions.
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
- Use MI data to focus business managers to drive efficiency, identify rationalisation and/or growth opportunities in the business
- Assist in the planning and analysis of distribution activities, in particular in driving robust processes to ensure sales performance data and information can be efficiently gathered, managed and reviewed, alongside appropriate third party market data inputs and trends
- Produce weekly sales and AUM data, monthly Flash, MI Pack and other related sales reports to support business decision making
- Produce Quarter Business review and related MI information for distribution.
- Work with the wider businesses to ensure consistency of data and deliverables to the central team MI team and FPA teams.
- Work with the entire wider team during new product or business initiatives to critically assess their commercial and business viability and alignment to strategic plans
- Support the Head of FP&A, Head of Finance and the CFO to provide quality data and analysis for all strategic and leadership updates
- Support the review of and production of the month end expenses process through preparation of the monthly reporting packs and delivery in management meetings
- Deliver reporting to PLC as required.
- Support Head of FP&A to produce ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting requirements.
- Help maintain a robust financial control environment within the business by utilising all appropriate monitoring and data controls. Ensure to highlight any potential risks to the business if they arise during the course of day-to-day activity
- Build relationships across the other Finance team members to learn from and share best practice and standard.
- Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Degree qualified or equivalent business experience
- Some financial services industry experience
- Demonstrable track record of delivering on time and quality
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc)
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.