A fast-growing retail company are looking for a financial analyst to join their wider finance team.
Support commercial deal review process:
- Serve as the primary point person for all agency deals leading the process from inception to completion.
- Support the presentation of the deals to senior management
- Support the evolution of the deal review process by driving improvements to the quality of the deals approved on profitability levels, structure, business model and insightful comparisons.
- Support resolution of commercial complications with customers
- Support senior finance business partner with more complex deals
Support critical recurring and ad-hoc commercial reporting and analysis to drive the business:
- Analyse internal / external information using data manipulation, correlation and statistical analysis.
- Support leadership with financial analysis and modelling as needed to support target achievement.
- Review actual sales performance relative to targets for volume and incentives.
- Execute specialised customer analysis to support increased market penetration and share of customer wallet.
- Support Regional Vice-President for business review meetings with customers and TN Leadership.
- Build models to assess the impact of strategic plans and initiatives.
Support the planning and analysis for JVs and other partnerships:
- Support the annual plan designed to achieve company's market share goals.
- Support of Board of Director financial packs and analysis, planning and forecasting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to connect the bigger picture to day to day operations of the organisation.
- Ability to translate outcomes of commercial decision making into impact upon EBITDA
- Proven ability to synthesise complex and detailed data into meaningful insights.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully apply forecasting techniques to evaluate business goals
- Articulates views in a clear and concise manner, including financial concepts to non-financial colleagues.
- Anticipates questions and prepares appropriate responses or answers.
- Uses narratives, like stories and analogies, to communicate messages.
- Presents compelling arguments to support positions.
- Constructively challenges business partner assumptions and goals.
- Demonstrated advanced word processing, spreadsheet, and database application skills.
- Results-oriented to ensure deliverables are submitted in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
- The desire and tenacity to grow within the organisation.
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (MBA preferred).
- 3+ years of applicable analytical experience
- Retail or FMCG sector experience (preferred).
Decision Making: You will be able to identify and understand business issues; problems, and opportunities; as well as being able to compare data from different sources to draw conclusions using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and you will be organised and efficient.
If this sounds like it could be your next opportunity, please apply.
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered for this role.