Financial Controller, high-end retail, 4 month contract, £300-350 per day.
The role of the Financial Controller will be to support the Head of Finance and involve the following:
Management Account Reporting:
- Manage team to prepare monthly management accounts with commentary on a timely basis, enabling department managers to make and review commercial decisions taken.
- Ensure key reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis (sales, margin, balance sheet, cash, etc.)
- Ensure accuracy of the books (by nominal account and cost centre)
- Investigate all material variances, proactively highlighting the impact these have on the business
- Produce analytical commentary on monthly accounts for the benefit of the various head of departments
Year End Process and statutory reporting:
- Assist in management of the year end audit process, including gathering deliverables, preparing Group Consolidation and cashflow statement, and working with the auditors to create the full sets of UK statutory accounts for the group and various subsidiaries
Support in other areas:
- Insurance renewal - gather company information and documentation required for upcoming renewal and assist Head of Finance during the process
- Payroll processing - support in the monthly calculation of payroll for furloughed and part-furloughed employees
- Support FP&A Analyst in upcoming mid-year reforecast
The role will also get the chance to get involved in various ad hoc projects. They are looking for candidates with retail or multi-site experience who are fully qualified and confident with the above tasks.