A sports business is looking to recruit an ACA/ACCA qualified candidate to join its finance function.
Working directly with the CFO and managing a team of 4, main duties include:
Assuming responsibility for all areas of financial control, management accounting & management reporting for all areas of the business:
* Supporting the team in preparing monthly and annual statutory financials and facilitating interim and year-end audit processes.
* Ensuring delivery of a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensuring the reported results comply with international financial reporting standards.
* Driving improvements and efficiencies to monthly and annual budgeting & forecasting, providing analysis as required to support central functions and management team.
* Communicating clearly with central teams to address any technical accounting issues or queries.
* Business partnering with internal and external stakeholders, providing financial advice to support key decisions.
* Implementing and developing robust financial processes to drive efficiency and promote best practice.
* Assisting with training and development of junior staff to suit the needs of the finance team.
The role is an all round FC role incorporating business partnering and touches all of the senior stakeholders in the business. You will be ACA/ACCA qualified with experience in a similar financial control role.