My client is an organisation which prides itself on delivering high quality consultancy work to the public services sector. Partnering with some of the biggest names within Government, NHS and Education, they aim to influence effective strategic outcomes across the public sector by delivering a quality and value-add service. Reporting in to the COO, they are currently recruiting a Financial Controller to head up the finances in support of their operational team. Duties will include, though may not be limited to the following:
- Responsibility for project finance tracking (forecasting, budgeting, invoicing etc.)
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Leading the annual audit of accounts and liaison with external auditors
- Oversee and implement appropriate financial reporting and risk controls
- Support Directors with financial analysis and information to inform key company strategy
- Management of 1 x Assistant Accountant
This opportunity is a diverse role, excellent for candidate's looking to gain exposure to board and SMT level individuals. As part of an SME environment, you will be required to be hands-on and passionate about improving public services.
You will be CCAB qualified or equivalent with a number of years post-qualified experience in Finance Manager / Head of Finance / Financial Controller level position.
Previous SME experience may be an advantage.