Role Title: Financial Controller || Salary: £70,000
This role is a Financial Controller role where you can really make a difference. The company are a medium sized international group providing services to investment businesses. The business is highly acquisitive and therefore there has been a lot of change which makes this role very interesting for the right person.
This role needs someone with both a commercial mind set and a strong technical knowledge to improve and implement change from a financial control perspective but also through analysing the businesses.
They are looking for someone who has either directly managed a team or managed an outsourced function as well as exposure to multi- jurisdictions and multi-currencies. Sector experience isn't relevant, they are focused on finding someone who is both commercial and technically strong.
- Preparation and control of monthly management information for Ireland using NavOne, oversight of one Finance assistant in Ireland
- Support the modelling and application for a new Irish licence and set up of a new legal entity
- Maintain and review working capital and the cash position on a weekly basis in Ireland
- Prepare the annual financial statements in Ireland across all relevant entities together with the preparation of the relevant documentation required for the dormant entities
- Manage the year end audits across the relevant entities in Ireland. Prepare the audit files, upload the electronic information and prepare the relevant hardcopy files. Handle escalated audit queries and ensure successful timely completion of the audit process.
- Review and submit the relevant VAT / VEIS returns for Ireland and coordinate with external tax advisors in relation to our corporation tax returns
- Supporting the FD with the control oversight of the work being performed by the finance team in Manila, this team prepare all the accounting for 15 companies in 8 global countries
- Maintain and control the delivery of the monthly management reporting using Netsuite.
- Prepare the monthly Finance reports and deliver an insightful analysis and commentary on the financial performance including KPI's, within reporting deadlines.
- Liaising and working with multiple counter parties including MD's, Group Finance, Auditors, Manila Finance, Client Services and Support services
- Support the FD in developing and implementing new processes and procedures enhancing controls
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent) with post-qualification experience or similar experience gained working in an accounting / finance role;
- A strong background in Financial controls, preferably audit experience;
- Good understanding of multicurrency working in a global environment;
- Capable of working to meet tight deadline deliverables
- Highly independent and able to organise tasks with little daily supervision;
- Ability to both delve into details but also summarise key findings in a succinct and professional manner tailored to Senior Management and Board-level audience;
- Proactively takes ownership of work with a drive for results;
- Strong Excel and financial modelling skills