Goodman Masson have partnered with a Natural Resources business in Lagos and are searching for a strong candidate to join as a Financial Controller to be based in Lagos.
The role reports directly to the local GM Finance with dotted line reporting to the UK Head Office and is responsible for undertaking all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will be a Fully qualified accountant (CA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a sound knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP as well as previous experience in a similar in country role, ideally with West African Oil & Gas experience.
You will have experience of managing staff within the Finance department and will be commercially astute.
This is a high profile and autonomous role so the ability to deal with senior stakeholders internally and externally is key.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure the accurate preparation / reporting of monthly financial results in strict accordance with Company deadlines.
- On a monthly basis track and review expenditure against set budgets providing management with key variance analysis.
- Prepare the weekly cash management report ensuring the business cash flow supports company work activities prioritising payments following discussions with operational management
- Co-ordinate working capital management including review of accounts payable balances and help to prioritise payments including discussions with Operations staff
External & Regulatory Compliance
- Ensure compliance with all local statutory deadlines
- Ensure the year-end statutory accounts report is finalised by specified date and presented to senior management and the Board for review. * Ensure company tax return is filed in accordance with deadlines building in time for review with Head Office in coordination with external accountants.
- Co-ordinate and prepare annual budget submission to Group in accordance with key deadlines, including operating, capital expenditure and G&A budgets for submission to local Operating companies and Head Office.
- Ensure any variations to budgets and forecasts are explained in management reports, including any future / potential exposures to the organisation.
Management & Financial Control
- Analyse business performance / results, providing feedback to Senior Management.
- Oversee the smooth and efficient running of the Finance Dept.
- Help develop local finance staff competencies and encourage their development
- Help identify key risks within the finance organisation and develop plans to mitigate such risks