A global Investment Bank are seeking a Financial Crime Advisory Associate to join their team in London.
The ideal candidate will be will be playing a key role in the Financial Crime team and help it to achieve its responsibilities. This covers prevention, monitoring and investigation of money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption, embargos and sanctions, and fraud.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as the primary point of contact for the UK business with regards to financial security matters, including how to interpret bank's policies (provide subject matter expert advise and guidance to the 1LOD)
- Applying knowledge of regulatory and internal restrictions when providing client/transactions opinions, including knowledge referring to sanctions, money laundering and terrorist financing
- Reviewing high risk clients and transactions
- Assisting in providing Management Information to senior managers and appropriate committees
It is essential you have:
- Experience working within a Financial Crime function with experience in anti-money laundering and client due diligence, including practical experience within an advisory role for an investment bank
- Good to very good knowledge of the JMLSG
- Understanding of Sanctions
- Good understanding of EU Money Laundering Directives