Financial Crime Compliance Assurance Manager
A Global banking group is looking for two people to join their financial crime assurance team specifically covering their investment banking and corporate banking businesses. These roles are part of growing team as they continue to develop their financial crime programme.
The FCC Assurance Function will provide credible challenge to identify, deter and report control weaknesses across Financial Crime processes; functions systems and controls. Independently assess design and operational effectiveness with a mandate to enhance adherence to FCC laws and regulations, standards and guidance, principles of good conduct and corporate values, through risk-based and objective assurance reviews.
The FCC Assurance Manager will be reporting to the Head of FCC Assurance who is responsible for defining, maintaining and executing the FCC Assurance Program.
- Manage FCC Assurance review(s), including perform or validate substantive testing, assessment and analysis undertaken by FCC Assurance Officer(s) in conjunction with the FCC Assurance Framework and Methodology on key FCC functions, processes and systems and controls such as, but not limited to:
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Review of FCC Policies, Standards and Procedures, including FCC Risk Assessments, Client due diligence and Know Your Client/Customer and Customer Risk Rating, Anti-Bribery & Corruption controls (Gifts & Hospitality etc.), Anti-Tax Evasion/Avoidance measures (Corporate Criminal Offence)
- Test Transaction Monitoring (TM) systems and controls - Thresholds and Scenario, investigations, Suspicious Activity Reporting and Production Orders etc.)
- Test Economic Sanctions (ES) systems and controls (List management, Fuzzy Logic and Algorithms, Alert Investigations, Blocking and reporting etc.)
- Finalise issues and findings with the stakeholders, draft qualitative FCC Assurance reports and track recommendations, as appropriate
- Accountable for timely delivery of the FCC Assurance reviews to ensure FCC Assurance plan is delivered, timely escalations of any roadblocks.
- Prepare and collate information for reporting and MI analysis to relevant stakeholders and committees (for example; Financial Crime Committee, Executive Committee etc.)
- Review and challenge Risk and Control Self-Assessment
Thematic analysis of issues, trends and patterns and provide analytical inputs to the Assurance Plan