A global Investment Bank are looking for a Financial Crime contractor to join their Financial Intelligence Unit in London.
This contractor will be responsible for conducting customer account activity reviews and assist in detecting and reporting suspicious activities in accordance with the Bank's requirements.
- Document the reviews and/or exceptions and perform further investigation as appropriate using Google, WorldCheck, Factiva, internal databases and other available sources
- Conduct manual reviews of the customer account activity, as described in the UK FIU Procedure
- Liaise with operations, data acquisition and on-boarding teams as needed to obtain KYC information on customers and ensure that the profiles are consistent with current account activity
- Escalate unusual and/or potentially suspicious activity to the FIU Manager as required
- Assist the FIU Manager with ad-hoc tasks as required (e.g. PEP/Sanctions name screening alerts)
Working knowledge of investigative tools (e.g. WorldCheck, Factiva, etc.)
- Ability to review, assimilate, prioritize and make decisions
- Working knowledge of capital markets and investment banking products would be advantageous
- Solid experience working in a regulatory and/or compliance, law enforcement or other investigative capacity within a financial institution setting
- Familiarity with the UK financial crime regulations
- Industry certifications (e.g. CAMS, ICA) would be advantageous