- The experienced financial crime analyst/data scientist to take on the exciting challenge of using analytics and data science to protect the bank from exposure to Financial Crime.
- The analyst will get the opportunity to use advanced analytics across a wide-range of challenges and will be expected to lead projects and manage others as required.
- The successful applicant will use their financial crime experience to ensure that adequate controls are in place to protect the bank.
- The analyst will represent Analytics at internal and external meetings and will be an advocate of using analytics and data to solve problems.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Lead analytical projects to protect the firm from exposure to Financial Crime Risk
- Manage other analysts (as required) to deliver work of a high-standard.
- Mentor junior members of the team in analytics and financial crime.
- Be able to solve complex business problems using a combination of analytical tools such as SAS, Spark and R.
- Use their knowledge of financial crime to ensure that best practice is adopted.
Summary of Key Competencies
- The candidate we're looking for will have applied knowledge of some of the following:
- SAS, R, Spark, Python, Analytics, Statistical Modelling, Machine Learning, Big Data
- The candidate will also need to have experience of the following:
- People/Stakeholder management
- Project management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The candidate will be both an Analytics SME and a Financial Crime SME. Knowledge of retail banking and fraud is desirable.
Qualifications/Accreditation's/Professional Membership & Level