A FTSE listed Natural Resources business in Central London are now seeking the addition of a strong qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) to join as Financial Planning and Analysis Manager reporting into the GFC.
The role is suitable for a candidate with post qualified experience either in the extractive industry or who is an Audit Manager or Senior Manager in the Big 4.
The role is high profile, responsible for overseeing some of the Group's key financial processes and providing analysis to inform decision making. As part of a small Group Finance team, the FP&A manager will be expected to provide leadership in the finance function and be able to influence senior management across the business.
The role will have exposure to CFO/ CEO as well as Investor Relations and Treasury.
The role is based in London and will manage the day to day work of the FP&A/ Investment Finance team based at the asset site.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, responsibilities will include:
- Managing the Group's budgeting and quarterly forecasting process, including reviewing the consolidation of the budget/forecasts, and working with the divisional financial directors on the development and challenge of their submissions
- Responsibility for the Group's financial models to provide robust financial planning and analysis to support long-term strategic planning, decision making, cash-flow planning and Treasury
- Reviewing and developing reports of the Group's production and financial performance to communicate key messages (monthly management reports, Executive Committee and Board papers)
- Preparation of key sections of investor materials (Annual and Interim Reports, Investor Presentations) and the preparation of models and papers to support financial accounts.
- Working with Investor Relations to establish and monitor public market guidance and to develop key messages to convey to the market.
- Managing the Group's capital expenditure approval process, including reviewing and in some cases preparing capital investment papers and financial evaluations which are submitted to management and the Board
- Managing the review of major contracts entered into by the Group's operating entities to ensure the terms proposed are competitive and to provide recommendations to the CFO/ CEO
- Working with the Group's Risk Manager to place the Group's major insurance policies, managing the relationship with insurance brokers and to prepare risk management presentations to the Audit Committee / Board
- Supporting operating companies, Treasury, Business Development and the CFO on ad hoc projects and financial analysis
- Pro-active, conscientious qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience in the management of staff. The successful candidate will need to be able to business partner across finance and other operational and technical personnel and be able to influence senior management.
- Experience/ knowledge of mining or natural resources an advantage. The successful candidate will need to develop a working knowledge of mining operations and the mining industry.
- Experience of a UK listed corporate environment also an advantage
- Detailed knowledge of the preparation and reviewing of financial models
- Strong skills in the analysis and interpretation of financial and non-financial information