Goodman Masson is pleased to be working with a leading bio-medical research business to recruit their new Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Manager.
This organisation works with world-renowned scientists in state-of-the-art facilities to research and develop solutions to some of the most challenging issues affecting human health.
This is an excellent role for a senior FP&A specialist who is looking for an inspiring place to work where you can add real value.
The Senior FP&A Manager will work with the scientific teams to provide decision support and to deliver robust budgets, forecasts and 5 year strategic plans. This will require strong business partnering skills and the ability to build accountability and understanding of finance processes across a large stakeholder group.
- Working with senior management and budget holders to consolidate and deliver the annual budget and five-year plan
- Managing the development of resource allocation and costing models that will support internal management and the needs of funders
- Managing the production and development of the standardised monthly reporting to budget holders, Management Team and Board
- Supporting Management in developing and delivering efficiency plans and ensuring value for money across the operations teams
- Ad hoc analyses as required
Who are we looking for?
- A proven team player, able to work flexibly with others and contribute effectively across a broad range of activities
- Able to act credibly and persuade, negotiate and influence at senior level
- Able to demonstrate significant and creative problem-solving based on analysis of complex data and with a focus on driving value
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to engage with people at all levels of the finance team and non-finance members of staff
- Able to plan and prioritise work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Financial planning and analysis experience at senior level
- Experience of financial modelling and reporting
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and have a working knowledge of the other Office products
- A qualified accountant
- Experience working with unit costs, activity information and benchmarking
- Experience using Agresso and developing system-based internal financial analysis and reports
- Experience dealing with re-charges
- Experience working in a diverse and complex organisation
- Experience of university, NHS or bio-medical research environments
- Experience managing or dealing with grants
If you are looking for a role in a pioneering, inspiring business where you can have real impact in decision making and business direction, please apply asap.