Goodman Masson are currently managing a Financial Planning & Analysis position at a leading Private Equity business based in London's West-End. This role will provide a high calibre candidate with the opportunity to work in a finance department which is fast paced, evolving, supportive and entrepreneurial. It serves as a business partner to the front office and Investor Relations, as well as collaborating with external fund managers and service providers to deliver for investors. Ideally our client is looking for an ACA qualified accountant coming straight from Practice to join the team and while the primary tasks and responsibilities are outlined below, the role will constantly evolve as the business and successful candidate develop.
Key Purposes & Responsibilities:
- Monitoring investment valuations provided by underlying investment managers in "real time", down to a portfolio company level, primarily through interpreting and capturing Financial Statement information.
- Ensuring the accuracy and classification of cash flows related to investment positions that are recorded in the bespoke Investment Monitoring system.
- Managing complex underlying structures, and the teams administering them throughout a wide range of jurisdictions.
- Ongoing governance of investment performance in conjunction with the Investment Team and directly with Asset Managers. This entails probing information around funding requirements, exit assumptions and underlying performance improvement plans.
- Supporting the Deal teams (front office) with any required analysis such as fund exposure and historic performance.
- Tracking the progress of new deals and communicating any multi-currency funding, multi-region structuring and reporting requirements to the Administrators, Treasury, Deal Team and Execution Team.
- Preparing a quarterly review pack documenting the work performed to obtain comfort over the funds' valuations.
- Reviewing the weekly reconciliation between the Administrator's system and the company's in-house system, checking for accuracy with attention to detail, and ensuring issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Strong organisational and motivational skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong MS Excel
- Experience in one of the Top 10 firms or within a PE firm/Asset Manager
- Familiarity with senior stakeholder interaction
- Knowledge of company valuation approaches
- Experience working alongside Administrators/third party providers
- A grade at maths A level
- 2:1 degree or higher
- First time passes in professional qualification
- Strong written skills