An Energy major are seeking a bright and ambitious newly qualified (or about to qualify) accountant either in industry with CIMA/ACCA or from one of the Big 4. This is a rare commercial opportunity at a household name.
The role sits in the central Planning, Performance and Reporting Team and will deal with their Downstream (Petrochemicals) business globally.
As part of the team you will play a key role in managing financial and non-financial MI reporting and performance management processes for the entire Petrochemicals business, including:
- monthly reporting, forecasts and performance reviews
- assuring the accuracy and integrity of the financial and non-financial information
- analysing financial and non-financial MI, synthesising it with the business insights to produce a compelling story of what is driving the business performance to support the leadership team in effective decision-making
This is an excellent role for a finance professional who wants to join a fast-growing part of the business and make a real difference to performance management. This role has a global exposure, provides excellent opportunities for career development and professional growth.
The development opportunities here are excellent but the main parts of the role are:
- Delivering month-end and quarter-end reporting, financial forecasting, analysis and insights and other financial performance activities for Petchems, using sound technical capabilities to ensure the business transactions and results are recorded, reported and forecasted with integrity, in a timely manner and in conformance with Group policies and standards
- Leading the Non-Financial MI reporting for Petchems, consolidating operational metrics into reports and providing commentary
- Acting as an expert user of the SAP MI system
- Degree or equivalent with previous experience in finance ideal
- Professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, etc.)
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and reporting processes
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to extract, process and analyse large amounts of data from SAP systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an aptitude for analysis to be able to extract the business insights from the numbers