A global health and insurance business is looking to recruit an ACA/ACCA qualified candidate to join its financial reporting team.
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager for International Markets the Financial Reporting Accountant has responsibility for the preparation and delivery of the financial reporting requirements for International Markets. The financial reporting must be undertaken in compliance with the Group Financial Control framework and must be delivered in line with the Group reporting requirements.
- Build trusted relationships with all relevant stakeholders across the International Markets Market Unit, Business Units and Centre Finance & Governance.
- Coach and support with the development of more junior team members.
Statutory and other reporting
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly consolidated financial results (actuals) in support of Group Reporting requirements including review of BU submissions.
- Review of quarterly and annual regulatory reporting submissions by BUs under SII and prepare consolidated submissions.
- Assist in preparation of consolidated financial plans for International Markets and its BUs.
- Prepare statutory, management and regulatory reporting and assist the audit process for the BU companies, including maintaining general ledgers and appropriate reconciliations.
- Manage JV funding and Board meetings, liaising with Treasury, Co Sec, Capital Management, Legal and local teams.
- Support Technical Accounting Manager with preparation of statutory accounts for holding companies.
- Assist with review of balance sheets and associated oversight controls on a regular basis.
- Assist in preparation of statements for Board / IM Exec review as required, including local reporting entities that IM are responsible for.
- Support the FP&A team with monthly Flash.
- Support the FP&A team with analysis and assist with the preparation of reports for management where required.
Controls and compliance
- Support the implementation of a best practice financial control framework across IM Finance & Governance.
- Work with local BUs to ensure effectiveness, quality and compliance to the financial control framework. Assist with ongoing monitoring of control compliance.
- Demonstrate compliance with applicable laws and statutory accounting regulations.
- Assist with the maintenance of charts of accounts and reporting entity structures.
- Support with the implementation of our new consolidated reporting system (Tagetik) across IM BUs.
- Investigate and resolve queries on submissions from within IM and from Centre teams.
- Support the BU and IM finance teams in providing training and guidance as necessary on systems and reporting processes.
- Proactively working to improve the financial reporting processes and controls within the function and management of process documentation.
- Adhoc work to support Financial Reporting Manager, Reporting Manager and FP&A Manager as required.
You will be ACA/ACCA qualified with a strong financial reporting background, with good understanding of general and/or life insurance accounting. Experience working in a group consolidation role and strong working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP would be desirable.
This is an opportunity to join a global leader in its field which has a large finance function to progress in.