A brand leading hotel chain is looking to recruit an ACA/ACCA qualified candidate to join its finance function.
This position will report to the Head of Finance and will take a leading role in all technical financial reporting matters across the Group.
The role, although titled financial reporting will also give exposure to due diligence, new acquisitions, modelling and feasibility. You will report to the board on projects as well.
Main duties include:
- Leading the preparation and presentation of the consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS and the Group's accounting policies. Tied to this is the development and implementation of a new consolidation system and process from the existing Excel based process;
- Owner of the statutory reporting process for the legal entities (UK and overseas);
- Leading the preparation and presentation of monthly and quarterly consolidated reporting and to be the owner of the Group reporting matrix;
- Liaise with hotel and corporate business units to ensure reporting is both timely and to a high standard and where required, provide guidance and support on Group accounting policies;
- Take a proactive role in responding to emerging financial accounting developments and preparing Board papers assessing the impact of such considerations;
- Responsible for the Group's annual carrying value and impairment review;
- Business partnering to provide financial input on new developments and initiatives;
- Working in conjunction with hotel and corporate business units to ensure the annual external audit is delivered within the agreed upon time frame by taking responsibility for deliverables during the audit planning, fieldwork and completion phases;
- Preparing and presenting technical training for the finance team members at corporate and hotel levels;
- Provide insight and support for other members of the Group Reporting and FP&A teams;
- Liaison with the Group's outsourced overseas bookkeepers to ensure timely and accurate reporting of holding and investment special purpose entities in the Group structure; and to Provide support on company secretarial and regulatory compliance matters.
You will be ACA/ACCA qualified either looking for your first move from practice or in a similar group reporting role. The business is due to open several new hotels this year and role out new concepts as well.