The Financial Reporting Accountant reports directly to the Group Financial Controller and will
be part of the Financial Reporting team responsible for financial accounting, monthly reporting
and ensuring compliance with Group policies and procedures.
- Responsibility for preparation and accounting for decommissioning, financial liabilities,
impairment and inventory accounting.
- Work with the JV accountants and liaise with Inventory Team to make sure that the
financial records align with inventory records and ensure that inventory records are
kept for the JV assets/licences (as per provisions of the Joint Operating Agreement
(JOA) and agreed standards).
- Perform monthly close process controls and review/post journals in relation to the
month end process
- Assisting with preparation of the annual and half-yearly accounts.
- Responsible for preparation/review of balance sheet reconciliations for relevant
- Responsible for maintenance of relevant controls and completion of monthly KPI
- Strong IFRS, process control and group consolidation experience.
- Knowledge of SUN systems
- Oil and gas asset reporting / group reporting experience.
- Strong communication (both verbal & written) and team working skills
- Plan and manage workload within challenging timetables
- University Graduate with relevant degree.
- Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).