My client is a global oil and gas business who are seeking to expand their operations in West Africa.
Owing to this they are seeking a bilingual English/French speaking qualified accountant to join them as a Financial Reporting Accountant.
The Financial Reporting team are seeking a technically grounded qualified accountant who is a quick learner and demonstrates a commitment to effective team work.
You will support their growing business in the Europe & Africa Region by providing value adding financial accounting and reporting working with in-country and UK based Finance teams.
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, you will play a key role in delivering best-in-class financial support to key stakeholders across the business by:
- Planning and Coordinating the preparation of all Financial Statements for new countries
- Working with in country accountants and external suppliers to ensure the financial statements are prepared and reviewed under the relevant GAAPs
- Co-ordinating the annual audit for each legal entity, pro-actively working with the auditors and finance teams
- Understanding, documenting and communicating the financial reporting requirements for each country assigned to the role
- Working with other stakeholders including supply chain, to assess the appropriate external service provider to support the local reporting requirements
- Creating and maintaining a rolling plan for key activities to ensure entities assigned meet the requirements of internal and external stakeholders, including ensuring roles, responsibilities and deadlines are agreed and documented and progress is communicated effectively
- Preparing memos and budget presentation for Board of Directors
- Preparing analysis and reports to comply with international transparency regulatory requirements
- Working closely with the internal audit team to ensure process and controls are in place and maintained to enhance the control environment
- Utilising the skills and expertise across the team to define the SAP system set-up requirements for new countries
- Acting as focal point liaising with Tax, Insurance and Treasury Producing cashflow forecasting to support financial reporting and treasury requirements
- Maintaining effective intercompany invoice process and review to comply with intercompany agreements and local regulatory requirements
- Proactively identify gaps in processes or opportunities for improvement and working with multiple stakeholders to agree and implement improvement plans
Who are we looking for?
- A qualified Accountant with strong technical grounding in IFRS
- Fluent at a full professional written and spoken proficiency level in French and English
- Excellent planning skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Quick learner with a structured approach to problem solving
- A strong influencing ability and a high degree of flexibility in your working style to adapt to changing environments and priorities
- The ability to communicate effectively and work with all levels in the organisation
- This is a great opportunity for someone with strong communication, planning and problem-solving skills who can work independently with a diverse set of stakeholders. The role will involve working with individuals from multiple countries, cultures and languages and some travel will be required mainly to countries in Africa.