A global health and insurance business is looking to recruit an ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified candidate to join its financial reporting team.
This role has responsibility for the preparation and delivery of the Regulatory reporting requirements for International Markets, particularly the solvency filing in Dublin. The reporting must be undertaken in compliance with the Group Financial Control framework and must be delivered in line with the Group reporting requirements.
This individual will be responsible for managing the following:
- The production of theDACORSA report in accordance withEIOPA and Central Bank of Ireland ("CBI") requirements, including:
- Management of the timetable for the production of ORSA components
- Consideration of the appropriateness of the ORSA components
- Assessment of potential improvements to the ORSA process
- Management of the DAC ORSA governance process
- Utilising Group reporting as appropriate, delivery of DAC's Solvency II Pillar III Quarterly and Annual Quantitative Reporting Templates (QRTs) in accordance with EIOPA and PRA requirements.
- Utilising Group reporting as appropriate, delivery of DAC's Solvency II Pillar III narrative reporting (Solvency and Financial Condition Report and Regular Supervisory Report) in accordance with EIOPA and CBI requirements and market best practice.
- Ownership of DAC's Pillar 1 Own Funds calculation (quarterly, annual, ad-hoc) and underlying methodology
- Delivery of other relevant regulatory returns, including RMAR, and other ad-hoc requests
- The development of the analysis of change in the solvency position for DAC and the messaging used in reporting of the emergence of the capital surplus
- Preparation of papers for the DAC Disclosure Committee and Audit Committee to support the approval of both Pillar 1 capital positions and Pillar III reporting disclosures
- The production of the plan solvency position process, including the related reporting timetables and stakeholder handoffs from instructions through to senior governance
- Monthly and quarterly capital monitoring and reporting for DAC
- Forecast Solvency position, to be used as a base in the assessment of potential investment opportunities
- Utilisation of the Group technical framework for Solvency II Pillar I, II and III reporting inc: Pro-active technical training of IM Finance team members. Taking a pro-active lead in increasing knowledge and understanding of Solvency II quantitative and narrative reporting requirements among key senior stakeholders
- Provide commercial advice and impact assessments on Regulatory Reporting for DAC
- Support the implementation of corporate transactions, as applicable
- Preparation of recurring and ad-hoc papers for other governance committees as required
- Maintain a methodology, process and control documentation framework in in respect of all areas of responsibility
- Support addressing and resolving internal and external audit queries on DAC SII reporting
- Identify and implement improvements and accelerations in the reporting processes
- Reviewing outputs from peer firms and participating in industry forums in order to ensure that DAC adopts best practice in its narrative and quantitative reporting.
- Assist in the definition of the Solvency II technical framework for and the interpretation of reporting requirements as these evolve.
- Work on ad-hoc projects to ensure that all issues are resolved and fully reported
You will be ACA or ACCA qualified accountant with a strong financial reporting background, with good understanding of general and/or life insurance accounting and a strong working knowledge of Solvency II.
The business is a global leader and has large finance function in which you can build a career.