Fire Safety Surveyor - Property and Housing - South West England
I am currently working with a progressive housing association based in South West England who are actively looking to recruit a Fire Safety Surveyor to join their compliance team.
Fire Safety Surveyor - Responsibilities:
* Carry out inspections and specifications work in void projects for fire safety
* Post inspections of fire safety remediation works
* Specification and raising of work orders leading on from the FRA's findings
* Detailed knowledge of the fire doors and fire door sets, from inspection to maintenance and fitting standards.
* Basic remediation's works whilst in buildings to close down simple risks, from signage to minor adjustments to doors.
* Liaising with customers in regards to fire safety.
* Reactive fire safety tasks, including site inspections, dealing with immediate risks and bespoke solutions for challenging situations and risks.
Fire Safety Surveyor - Required Skills:
* Min 3 yrs. experience in social housing, including converted town houses and specialist housing
* Industry recognised formal fire safety qualification (level 3 minimum)
* Competent surveyor, able to product detailed work orders inc. specification & materials, also from time to time drawings.
* Accreditation to an industry recognised fire safety body, such as IFE or IFSM
* Sound knowledge of UK fire safety guidance and benchmark standards for existing buildings a must
* Awareness of future changes in fire safety leading on from the Hackitt/Grenfell Enquiry/Building Safety Bill/Fire Safety Bill
* Knowledge of the Section 20 process very desirable.
* Tenacious, detailed and analytical, with good customer service presence and communication skills.