A massive global business is now recruiting for an FX risk Expert.
Please note, you MUST hold a degree and have a CV that demonstrates stability, as a result candidates with a history of working as a professional contractor will not be considered. You must also hold a British or European passport as Visa sponsorship is not provided.
This is a senior expert role, suitable for only those who are looking to step away from a front line role, to employ their experience in helping make an existing function better. The candidate should, by nature, be able to:
-critically appraise the status quo
-present alternative solutions grounded in their practical, fact-based industry experience and
-communicate their findings clearly and logically with a view to making a persuasive case for change in a smooth manner.
It is expected that the candidate possesses the capability to span the spectrum of Foreign Exchange, from strategy through to risk management.
The role comes with a primary responsibility - to help make the Foreign Exchange Management Department within Treasury better. The Foreign Exchange Risk Expert should have the interpersonal skills, expertise and vision to proactively determine the tasks to achieve this. In general, the role is to assess and advise on all aspects of the Group's foreign exchange risk management activities, including:
- Developments in best practice, especially for corporates and including hedging instruments and strategies
- External environmental changes,
- Identification, measurement and control of risks,
- Valuation techniques for net exposures and hedging instruments,
- Tools, procedures and systems used,
- Deployment of appropriate technologies and emerging vendors/ banking services, and
- Process enhancements.