My client is a London listed Oil & Gas business in Central London who are seeking the addition of a strong qualified accountant to join their Head Office team as an FP&A Manager.
They have a strong production portfolio and are embarking on a period of restructuring owing to growth.
A vacancy has arisen for a qualified accountant (ideally ACA trained in practice originally) to manage the FP&A function and report into the Head of Finance.
Oil and Gas experience is advantageous but not essential.
Key responsibilities are:
Budgeting and forecasting
- Maintain budget and monthly forecast models for P&L, Cashflow, Capex and BS.
- Manage the annual budget process. Liaise with budget holders in order to prepare annual budget including sensitivity analysis and base vs stretch versions as required
- Prepare the annual timewriting rate budget working with timewriters/department managers and their internal customers to ensure reasonableness and consistency of allocation of time.
- Calculate the timewriting cost pool and ensure maximum recovery of costs while ensuring a fair and reasonable allocation.
- Develop and improve models and reports in line with business requirements
Month end reporting
- Manage the month end process and ensure that month is closed and reports/analysis provided in line with deadlines. Improve the accuracy and efficiency of the month end process.
- Prepare the consolidated monthly management report including the revised annual forecast and variance analysis for CM, YTD and FYF providing useful insight into business performance.
- Liaise with the operation teams and others as applicable regarding divisional numbers and analysis and perform critical analysis on the consolidated results
- Manage a team of two direct reports - (1)Treasury/G&A accountant and (2) AP assistant for unconventional and corporate activities. The principal areas covered are treasury, payroll, vat, G&A and AP.
- Provide leadership to finance team on management reporting and budgeting activities and work with the wider Finance team to drive high standards in overall deliverables for the team
- Improve efficiencies in areas within the scope of role
- Contribute to various Finance or corporate projects as required
- Contribute to annual audit/interim review as required (analysis for timewriting, G&A, forecasts for Going Concern, reconciliations etc.)
- Assist the Group Financial Controller as required
- Ad hoc requests as necessary
Key skills and experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) - ideally from a practice background
- Excellent general accounting knowledge
- Strong analytical skills and good attention to detail
- Experience of maintaining complex excel models
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to take full accountability for deliverables within role
- Good systems knowledge
- Knowledge of financial reporting packages particularly SUN
- Team player with a positive attitude who is capable of working on their own initiative and as part of a team