Goodman Masson are partnering with a global datacenter on the recruitment of a new Director of FP&A, Europe. This is a key leadership position which is fully responsible for all outputs of the FP&A function in the region, charged with advising the leadership team on overall business performance and supporting strategic business decision making.
Working closely with the VP Finance, Europe, the group’s CFO and the wider leadership team, you will be crafting and owning the regional FP&A strategy and will be a significant contributor whose role will evolve as the business continues to rapidly grow. The role reports direct to the VP Finance, Europe but will also have reporting responsibilities to the global HQ.
- Overseeing the management reporting infrastructure and providing insightful analyses for presentation to the Senior Management Team.
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of monthly and quarterly reporting to key stakeholders, highlighting deviations from the original budget and current re-forecast.
- Producing monthly rolling forecasts that challenge business performance, accurately manage expectations and highlight risks and opportunities that are incremental to the current view.
- Owning the regional budget and multi-year plan with a view to developing the current process to provide greater accountability, understanding and messaging.
- Creating and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders including European management and leaders in the global HQ
- Being a thought leader to drive change and improvement to the function, including influencing global stakeholders on direction for the entire group.
- Ability to identify and champion investment opportunities that will improve efficiency and accuracy of the team.
- Contributing to data capture and management of KPIs, including incremental needs that arise from growing CSRD requirements.
- Coordinating and supporting all regional Capital and Pricing requests for presentation to senior leadership and PE sponsors.
- Owning the underwriting model for all European projects which requires contributions and close collaboration with multiple departments throughout the business.
- Identifying, developing and maintaining key operating metrics and dash boards for internal reporting.
- Performing a variety of tasks and ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent qualification.
- 6 to 8 year’s experience in senior finance roles, including competitive analysis, financial analysis, budgeting & management reporting.
- Ability to evaluate and enhance complex financial models.
- History of managing financial projects with complex scopes.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to operational excellence.
- Flexible to various demands and ability to remain calm under tight deadlines.
- High degree of creativity as well as intellectual curiosity.
- Advanced aptitude in problem solving, including the ability to logically structure an analytical framework.
- An understanding of technical accounting and how that can impact on financial performance.
- Ambitious team player who is confident in building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders throughout the business.
- Proactive approach to work and comfortable working independently and coaching less experienced staff.
- Extremely proficient with Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please apply if your skillset matches the requirements.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.