You will be front of house and the first point of contact for clients, staff and third parties calling or coming in to JDX. You must reflect the core values and behaviours of the business in everything you do, ensuring guests and callers are dealt with professionally and in a manner that would make any JDXer proud.
Our busy, client-focused office needs a reliable, well-organised Receptionist to handle day-to-day operations with a focus reflecting the core values and behaviours of JDX. The Receptionist will be responsible for developing professional procedures relating to any 'point of contact' with JDX, such as phone callers, guests, third party visitors and counterparts. They will 'own' the reception area and meeting rooms, ensuring they are booked and ready for meetings. They will be part of a wider support team of EAs and the Office Manager, work particularly closely with the Office Manager on various aspects of the running the office, and keeping the Clubhouse presentable.
- Reception duties, including greeting all guests, offering refreshments as appropriate, answering and directing incoming calls and scheduling appointments
- Ensure cover of the reception desk between 8am and 6pm, working with other members of the team, in particular the Office Manager, to cover periods of absence
- Ownership of the email@example.com email address and inbox
- First point of contact for 70 Gracechurch Street Reception and Security, managing access to the building and level 7 for guests and staff
- Booking meeting room, preparing them for use and tidying them once they are finished
- Managing meeting spaces and access for internal events, including arranging reception cover for out of hours events
- Work closely with the IT and the Office Manager for all telephone related infrastructure, global directory and conference facilities
- Manage in and outbound post
- Order office supplies, food and drinks, managing to a budget
- Work with the Office Manager to empty the dishwasher and ensure the Clubhouse is kept tidy - using your influence over the rest of the office as required
- Take calls on behalf of HR for absences - 8am-8:30am transfer them over after 8:30am
- Prepare expense claims for a small number of staff as directed