This role is ideal for a part-qualified candidate who is currently working at a third party fund administrator and is looking to make the transition into an in-house role.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will be diverse, involving all areas of fund accounting, including:
- Responsibility for the timely and accurate delivery of quarterly and annual fund reporting for the managed funds, including investor reporting and Board presentations;
- Maintaining the general ledger and all other accounting tasks for multiple entities within the managed funds; including UK and Luxembourgish limited partnerships with structured investment vehicles;
- Process revenue recognition for investments and reconcile the GL with the investment sub ledgers;
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial information is accurate, timely and reliable and ensuring the integrity of the underlying financial systems;
- Assisting in the preparation of annual financial statements for the managed funds;
- Assisting for our obligations under the AIFMD; the funds operate as AIFMD-compliant Alternate Investment Funds;
- Calculation of carry and income linked distributions;
- Involvement in the preparation of tax returns and responding to tax and investor queries;
- Due to the nature of the business and team, the successful candidate will also be involved in additional ad hoc work.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Studying ACA, CIMA or ACCA
- Experience of accounting in a fund environment is advantageous;
- Accounting for entities within a limited partnership fund structure is highly desirable;
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office and particularly Excel;
- Experience with Investran would be beneficial;
- Knowledge of a European language, especially French, appreciated.