Role Title: Fund Accountant (12 month contract) || Salary: Up to £70,000
This role sits in the fund finance team for the Private Equity division of a large investment manager.
The role is a 12 month contract role and it's an additional headcount due to the growth in requirements for the existing team.
This is a very varied role and they take on good people so you will be working in a high performing team where you are given a lot of responsibility. They require someone with previous fund accounting experience.
Responsible for certain fund structures, covering:
- Maintenance of the Investran system;
- Statutory and month-end reporting;
- Liaison with outsourced Administrators and review of information;
- Oversee and review the Junior Fund Accountant's workflow
- Preparation for annual audit;
- Review of investment valuation reports;
- Cash management and forecasting;
- Ad-hoc client queries.
- Cash management;
- Month end process and reporting;
- Ensure journals are posted accurately, and on a timely basis to meet month-end, quarterly and statutory requirements;
- Ensure investment valuations are received and processed to meet entity requirements;
- Calculation of GPPS & FPS for the funds, related payment processing;
- Preparation and review of client drawdown/distribution notices;
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly reports;
- Ensure the information received from outsourced Administrators meets requirements;
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts;
- Provision of audit information, and response to audit queries;
- Ensure stakeholder queries are addressed on a timely basis;
- A minimum 2.1 degree classification (or equivalent)
- Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Previous accounts preparation experience preferred;
- Previous experience of working either with or in an audit environment;
- Previous experience of Fund Reporting and responding to clients;
- Previous Cash Management (forecasting, and production of reconciliations) experience
- Operate in an ISAE 3402 compliant financial control environment
- Experience of dealing with multiple deadlines, and prioritising tasks
- Experience on Investran is desirable