I am looking for a candidate with experience with Real Estate fund experience to join a leading Investment Manager as a Fund Finance Manager.
The role is extremely broad and covers all aspects of finance for the funds you will be leading on. This includes everything from the investor and statutory reporting side to the commercial side working with the fund managers. The fund accounting is taken care by a 3rd party which allows you to focus on the value-add work, building relationships with investors explaining the movements of finances in non-technical language.
This multi-faceted role is broken down into 10 main responsibilities so there is undoubtedly a lot to get involved in. Aside from Accounting, these include Transaction Support, Cash Management, Financial Modelling and Investor Relations. There really is a great mix of client based work, and technical accounting to get involved in with this role, so I have highlighted some of the key responsibilities below.
Key Responsibilities: -
- Managing all key relationships with 3rd party administrators, auditors and service providers to review accounting and provide input on complex accounting issues
- Writing financial commentaries for investors in non-technical language
- Assisting in structuring new deals
- Completing financial due diligence when acquiring companies
- Building relationships with investors representing Savills IM in a client focused manner
- Preparing cash forecasting across the fund you work on, with the planning of investor and debt drawdowns
- Inputting into financial models to reflect the financial and corporate structure of funds
- Reviewing financial statements for the fund you manage, ensuring they are correctly formatted under IFRS or local GAAP
- Managing and ensuring a timely schedule for investor reports
- Ensuring fund administrator accounting reflects transactions during the year
- Reviewing NAV calculations
- Preparing funds flow and investor drawdowns
- Reviewing investor distribution calculations and payments
- Qualified accountant (ACA / CIMA)
- 3 years PQ work experience in Investment Management
- Knowledge of Real Estate Investments is highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills