Role Title: Fund Finance Manager || Salary: up to £70,000 plus bonus (up to 30%)
This role is with a mid-sized Private Equity firm who have grown significantly over the last 15 years and are now a leading PE house in their sector achieving 80% year on year growth.
This is a Fund Finance Manager role and you will have ownership of the Fund waterfall models, internal and external reporting (quarterly management accounts, IRR performance and stat accounts) and various other ad hoc finance responsibilities.
Where this role differs to a lot of fund finance positions is that it sits directly in the Private Equity team. Therefore, you will gain exposure working directly with the deals team and reporting to the Partner on the PE side.
Fund accounting experience and exposure to Limited Partnerships is essential for this role.
- Acting as first point of contact for the Fund Controller / Group Finance Director relating to finance matters
- Ensuring accurate and timely management and financial reporting across the portfolio both internally and externally to our Limited Partners / investors (incl. quarterly management accounts / statutory accounts)
- Accurate calculations of General Partner Share / management fees in accordance with the Limited Partnership Agreements ("LPAs")
- Co-ordination of the quarterly portfolio valuation process
- Timely preparation of drawdown and distribution notices as and when required
- Monitoring levels of unfunded commitment and future cash forecasts
- Preparation of fund waterfall models in accordance with the LPAs
- Working closely with the Private Equity team being aware of all finance and admin queries to ensure Investment Managers can focus on their core roles
- Asset and fund performance reporting (e.g. IRR performance)
- Awareness of changes to accounting standards and IPEV guidelines
- Liaising with tax and legal advisers and auditors as required
- Assisting other parts of the firm (both personally and encouraging the whole department), on a pro-active and re-active basis, to meet their finance related requirements
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance with the firm's procedures and standards
- Contribute, or otherwise assist, as required
- Able to demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Strong academics
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA)
- Technically strong with Limited Partnership experience