Funds and Asset Management Property Accountant
A leading residential developer and property management business is looking for a Property Accountant to join the Funds and Asset Management division.
The Property Accountant will be heavily involved in the mobilisation and set up of the Build to Rent business and on-boarding into Yardi. They will be responsible for setting up properties in Yardi, creating work-flows and account trees and uploading financial reporting information. They will also be setting up Property level reporting for the Fund management business and deliver ad hoc project initiatives. The successful candidate MUST have experience in service charge accounting, with a background in Residential real estate.
Experience with Yardi is highly beneficial.
If you have relevant experience and wish to fast track your application, please forward your CV (with covering letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-board Future Homes in Yardi.
- Set up property level information and work-flows in Yardi for the Build to Rent business.
- Set up Structure and billing processes for Service Charges to be billed to Affordable Housing division.
- Put processes and procedures in place for the AP/AR function in line with current practices.
- Assist with the implementation of the Oracle and Barclays interface with Yardi.
- Contribute to internal and external reporting to ensure consistency, accuracy and timeliness of financial and non-financial reporting to achieve regulatory and business outcomes.
- Assist with the delivery and implementation of new Funds as and when relevant.
- Provide or coordinate technical accounting, tax and treasury advice.
- Develop relationships with Finance Services as it pertains to the performance of relevant services to the Fund.
- Fund modelling, investor and board reporting
- General Manager Finance, Funds and Asset Management
- Funds and Asset Management finance team
- Head of Build to Rent
- Business unit senior management team
- Investment Management team
- Finance Services
- Regional functions as appropriate
- Boards and Committees
- Professional services (Audit, Tax, Consultants)
- External property managers
- Drives Customer Outcomes
- Works well in a fast paced environment
- Engages Stakeholders
- Drives Accountability and Ensures Effective Delivery
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Embraces Change
- Qualified accountant with PQE experience working as a property or fund accountant
- Strong understanding of service charge accounting and the associated legislation
- Excellent Excel and Yardi skills
- Background in Real Estate/Property
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of financial management and accounting principles and applies this knowledge to effectively manage the commercial and operational activities of the business.
- Applies strong intellect and logic to quickly diagnose the core issues and identifies a range of potential solutions and scenarios.
- Actively monitors time frames and milestones to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Uses breadth and depth of finance and business operational expertise to provide proactive solutions to both strategic and commercial risk and opportunities.
- Engages all stakeholders and contributors to ensure management optimises outcomes.