A well-reputed and respected company are looking for a General Ledger Assistant Accountant to join their wider finance team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing, international organisation and team, with great potential for the role to develop and expand with the business.
The General Ledger Assistant Accountant role is based within the Finance Operations team, supporting the worldwide business. The role is responsible for general ledger, cash book and fixed assets transaction processing and balance sheet reconciliations.
General Ledger and month end close
Responsibility for monthly close activities:
- Processing general ledger, fixed assets and cash book transactions
- Balance sheet reconciliations, prepayments and accruals
- Processing intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Provide support for as requested with other month end activities
- Adhere to month-end close timetable, to ensure timely close
- Working with Finance Business partners to ensure our financial statements are accurate
Cash book management
- Responsible for updating/capturing daily bank transactions and reconciliations
- Assist with setting up payments for non-Accounts payable obligations
- Assist with cash flow forecasting and working capital management
- Assist with VAT, corporation tax and other taxes as instructed.Assist with all other statutory returns to satisfy government requirement - e.g. ONS statistical requests
- Assist with year-end audit queries as required
- Ad-hoc tasks as necessary in line with supporting the Allocate Finance team on a financial or administrative basis
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree in Accounting and/or ACCA/CIMA/ACA part qualified
- Advanced Excel skills
- Highly organised and able to work effectively to deadlines, managing multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience within a finance operations function
- Exposure to multicurrency accounting system
- Desire to grow and learn in a fast paced organisation
If this sounds like it could be your next opportunity, then apply today!
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered for this role.