A Tier 1 Bank in London is seeking Global Head of Methods & Capabilities to join their IT Project and Programme Management team. Programme and Portfolio Management (PPM) practice is at the heart of managing the change agenda across Technology and works across numerous Business Units, Functions and Regions to oversee the effective delivery of programmes and projects and continuously improve the way they deliver in adopting agile ways of working.
The Global Programme and Portfolio Management (PPM) practice is currently undergoing a Transformation, with a vision to establish a consistent set of Agile and DevOps standards and practices, accompanied by reliable management information & tools whilst uplifting the delivery capability of all change teams across the globe.
Purpose of the role:
The Methods & Capabilities Team, managed by the Global Head of Methods & Capabilities, will be responsible for the continuous development of the PPM practice and will provide a place to access standards and disciplines for delivering Technology change across the bank.
- The role involves facing-off to senior stakeholders across Technology in the course of eliciting requirements, managing expectations and providing preparatory materials for governance forums
- Provide "industrialised" on demand access to PM training content for new joiners and refreshers
- Embed best practice by creating tailored learning on topics that the PPM community have told us are most important, useful and relevant to them - delivered through channels of their choice
- Define, maintain and deploy Agile change methodology for technology globally.
- Define, maintain and deploy Agile delivery and solution controls for delivery change in technology.
- Establish and run the PPM practice globally. This includes bringing together practitioners in PPM and driving the Community of Practice and learning agenda
- Coordination of all practices in technology (e.g. architecture, engineering, infrastructure and PPM) to ensure that the methods and controls flow together for optimal delivery cadence.
- Controls simplification to assist the change community in understanding and applying the relevant controls for their type of delivery work
- Optimisation of PM Target Operating Model to align to future Agile ways of working
To apply for the role, it is essential you have experience of managing the delivery of Technology Portfolios of work in addition to being an expert in Agile delivery. You will have significant experience gained within global Banking clients and have the ability to influence strategy and shape programme approaches across a series of projects or component activities. You should be able to drive the use of Agile methodologies within Technology teams (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean etc.) in addition to having previously directly managed and directed teams of change professionals.
My client is looking to fill this role asap and candidates who match the above requirements are encouraged to submit their CV without delay.