Global SOC Manager
About the role:
A rare opportunity to join a leading national public service provider as a Global SOC Manager has arisen in Birmingham, working within a dedicated SOC along side a team of industry specialists.
This position is open to a successful individual, who has extensive experience working within a SOC environment as a technical lead but also someone who has experience with the managerial experience within leading a team.
- Providing day to day management of the Security Operations Centre (SOC) investigations.
- Leading security assessment and Incident Response protocols.
- Providing technical support/expertise to SOC Analysts and ensuring everything is following the SOC policies and processes.
- Acting as a focal point for all investigations/activities in the event of a major Security Incident.
- Provide technical reports to non-technical personnel within the company.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Extensive experience working within a SOC; working as a Senior escalation point performing in-depth investigations.
- Experience managing a SOC team of a minimum 5 analysts is essential.
- Experience of operating and improving SIEM tools (Arc Sight is a Bonus).
- Proficient in ITIL/SIAM Incident Management & Response, with an understanding of the implementation of these processes within a Security context.
- A Degree in technical engineering or IT related field.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM is an advantage.
- Significant technical experience covering IP Networking, Linux, Windows and Unix.