- The individual will be a highly motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment in a role that has a broad remit incorporating Board secretariat, governance and operational responsibilities.
- The Governance Associate will report to the Director of Operations
- Providing secretariat support to the Board and its members. Including arranging Board meetings and minute-taking via in-person attendance at both the public and private Board meetings
- Managing the process for ensuring the effective and timely circulation of Board papers.
- Supporting the effectiveness of the Board and its members, including through induction, on-going training and annual evaluations.
- Supporting the organising of Board away-days and other ad-hoc Board activities.
- Ensuring the company operates within an effective and robust governance framework, supported by clear policies and procedures.
- Providing governance advice, as necessary
- Supporting Board succession planning, including recruitment activities, appointments planning and on-boarding/ off-boarding processes.
- Supporting the preparation and submission of statutory and other reporting obligations, including to the Secretary of State for Business and Trade
- Monitoring and supporting compliance with the company governance framework, including the Terms of Reference, Memorandum of Understanding, Service Level Agreement, Due Process Handbook, Conflicts of Interest Policy and GDPR. Ensuring appropriate records and disclosures, including publication of registers, where applicable.
- Supporting the Director of Operations in ensuring that the company maintains a robust risk management framework.
- Providing support to the Team colleagues across the wider company operational remit, as necessary.
- Have experience of providing high quality Board secretariat and general governance support, including minute-taking.
- Have experience of drafting/ reviewing governance processes and documentation
- Have experience of dealing with information security matters and supporting compliance with related policies and procedures
- Be adaptable, flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Have the ability to multi-task, focus on proactive problem solving and understand impacts/ causality
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Have good levels of computer literacy
If interested, please apply below. Alternatively, email email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.