Job title - Accounts Assistant
Reporting Line - Management Accountant
Business Unit - Media Finance
Purpose of the role
Acting as a member of the year-end Media Finance team contributing to the operational support and administration of nominated Funds during the year end reporting period. Supporting the current finance team during the busiest time of the year, the key responsibilities will include the preparation of Trial Balances and posting journal entries for the purpose of preparing the year-end financial statements.
Supervised by Management Accountant / Junior Management Accountant the Accounts Assistant is responsible for completing all delegated activities to timetable including:
Timely and accurate processing and monitoring of all transactions for Fund and /or Operating Company Group entities in SUN.
Daily operational support and financial administration across designated Operating Company Group and/or Fund Entities.
Timely and accurate preparation and submission of VAT returns for Fund entities.
Assist as required with the preparation of statutory reporting, investor reporting and management accounts.
- Ownership of specific assigned processes on behalf of the team e.g. new bank account set up, journal posting proforma etc.
Financial Processing and Management:
Timely and accurate processing of transactions in SUN across designated Fund entities to include:
* Processing and posting of purchase invoices and payments;
* Raising and posting deal related sales invoices and cash receipts;
* Monitoring receivables and highlighting recoverability issues;
* Assisting with the collection of outstanding receivables;
* Assist with the process and checks for Fund Close and share allotments;
* Resolving ad-hoc production queries for both internal/external contacts;
* Processing and posting of distribution/exit payments.
Management of Fund Cash Balances to include:
* Recording all cash transactions in SUN
* Daily cash review to ensure sufficient cash for various payment commitments;
* Timely conversion of film/TV receipts from foreign currency into GBP;
* Performing regular bank reconciliations ;
* Timely filing of documents;
* Administration and processing of withholding tax payments relating to US sourced income;
* Updating Fund payments and receipts in the relevant control spreadsheets.
Administration of commission payments to include:
* Processing and posting of all commission related transactions;
* Updating and monitoring detailed control account;
* Reconciliation of commission accrual accounts on Sun;
* Contacting IFA to request invoices when not received on a timely basis;
* Dealing with ad-hoc IFA queries.
Timely and accurate preparation and submission of VAT returns to include:
* Running of VAT reports on a monthly basis;
* Review of VAT allocation of all invoices;
* Reconciliation of VAT control accounts on Sun;
* Monitor and posting VAT recoverable;
* Timely payment and posting of VAT payable;
* Dealing with ad-hoc HMRC enquiries.
* Processing and posting of Fund related purchase invoices and payments;
* Recharged expenses are monitored, cash flowed and reconciled;
* Annual Fees invoices are raised, posted and cash flowed;
* Monitoring of aged debtors and creditor for balances relating to designated Funds;
* Assist with the reconciliation of other Group balances relating to designated Funds
Year End Statutory Reporting:
* Assist in the preparation of year-end statutory financial statements;
* Assist with year-end audits.
* Preparation of financial analysis to feed into decision support projects.
* Prepare calculations for regular periodic investor statements (NAVs, distributions) on a timely basis.
Development of Best Practice:
* Seek to identify efficient methods and make suggestions for improvements.
* Raise issues upon discovery to line manager and suggest solution.
* Document and share best practice for specific processes across the broader team
Provision of Further Ad-hoc Tasks:
* Investor and Fund related queries from the CRT and Client Services teams;
* Fund related queries from other departments in the business;
* Ad-hoc projects;
* Other administration and filing
* Strong academics including 2:1 or above at degree level (Top 30 University preferable)
* Quick learner, with confidence to work independently
* Accounts Assistant work experience
* SUN accounting software an advantage
* Diligent work ethic and ability to prioritise the processing of large volumes of transactions
* Keen attention to detail
* Team player with excellent organisational skills
* Strong knowledge of double entries
Up to £28000 per annum + Study Support & Discretionary Bonus
7 months ago
Job title - Accounts Assistant
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.